Please visit our calendar regularly to view and RSVP to the many wonderful programs from the JCRCView Calendar
The JCRC's Response to the Refugee Crisis
On Jan. 26th, several Federal executive orders were signed which significantly altered American policy as it relates to immigrants and refugees, and in particular banned travelers to the United States from seven predominantly Muslim countries. These executive actions have spurred nationwide protests and lawsuits, as well as widespread condemnation by the American Jewish community, including all four of our major religious denominations.
Even before the Executive Orders were signed into law, the JCRC issued a statement strongly opposing this dramatic change in federal refugee policy, and we are delighted to be working with HIAS to respond to these events by educating our community and providing concrete opportunities for advocacy and action on the ground.
On this page, you can:
1. Read The JCRC's Statement from Jan. 26th opposing the President's Executive Order.
2. Listen to a recording of the JCRC's February 2nd conference call briefing with HIAS CEO
3. Read HIAS's 9 Ways You Can Stand Up and Fight Back for Refugees
4. If you are a lawyer, volunteer as a pro bono attorney for HIAS refugee clients
6. If you are a young professional (20s or 30s), attend HIAS's meeting on Monday, Feb. 6th at
|In partnership with: